Hotels always seek to please their guests, the idea is to make your stay a unique moment when they can enjoy the activities of the hotels, as well as the hospitality of the environment and those who work there. We definitely want our guests to feel at home!
With the growing concern with the environment, the hotel has realized that it is not only the accommodation that “cares” about its sustainability, but also those looking for a stay. People give priority to hotels that in addition to amenities take sustainability into account.
We leave you with five tips from eHotelier about this:
1. Minimize waste and water use This is the first attempt at change, when we want a greener mindset. The team can make an effort, for example, when using washing machines. But you can also encourage guests in this collaboration. In itself, part of the guests are concerned with reducing bathing water or when washing their teeth. If the hotel leaves signs in each specified room, the amount of water it can save in showers and list what a team does to save water will make people more enthusiastic about joining initiatives.
2. Reduction of plastic products Plastic, a headache! This subject is increasingly taken into account and is an important topic of discussion. The devastating effects on the environment are quite evident. There is plastic scattered everywhere, millions in the sea ... What can we do to contribute? Avoid, for example, offering water in plastic bottles, in addition to being ecological, it transmits a sense of class.
3. Eliminating food waste This is also a point to take into account. Food waste is horrendous. The amount of food that is thrown away is sometimes exaggerated, as there is no control over the matter. Do a waste audit to see where you can make a difference and involve employees in this survey. So together and more easily they will come up with a solution to reduce waste.
4. Include allergen-free hotel features What can be done to prevent allergies? Hypoallergenic floors, for guests' comfort and replacing flower plants with aromas that trigger allergies for the most sustainable ones that do not have any resources that cause seasonal allergies, will make your hotel more "green"!
5. Control of carbon emissions Hotels also have carbon emissions, which represent 1% of all carbon waste. The investment in solar energy or the less frequent use of air conditioning, even turning it off when spaces are unoccupied are beneficial actions for the environment.
It will take time and effort on everyone's part to adapt new measures, but minimizing wear and tear on the planet will bring several benefits. The environment will thank you, guests and staff will be happier and your business will have a new color! ;)
By: Carolina Fernandes